23 March 2010

I watched a 2009 film of Uma Thurman the other night entitled Motherhood. I don't know if you guys have seen it already. Anyway, I liked the film although I later found out that it was a flop. In fact, in a review he made for the film, Philip French described it as a trite and tiresome movie. Nevertheless, I liked it. I guess I did so because I could somehow relate to Uma's character, Eliza Welsh.



Eliza is a mother of 2 kids and she juggles her time between being a mother, a wife, a homemaker and a blogger. Writing is her passion and in fact she went to an Ivy-league school where she practiced her writing skills and even became an apprentice. She knows she would've made it big if she hadn't gotten married and started having children. She can't work outside the home so she tries to make up for this and still give in to her passion by blogging. She's actually known to the blogging world as a "mom-whiner" because she constantly whined about her life. You can see through her posts that she was trying to work on 'motherhood' but at the same time, she wants the world to know that she has dreams and she wants to realize these dreams.

The movie happened all in one day and seeing how Eliza tries to manage her day was quite tiring. She actually has a list of to-dos and in her list, you'll see "blog?" fitted in her itinerary a couple of times. It was screaming time management and multi-tasking. She had to wake up early, prepare breakfast for her husband and kids, take the eldest to school, shop, blog, take the youngest to the park, shop, blog, plan and prepare for her eldest's 6th birthday...the list goes on.

I said at the outset that I can somehow relate to Uma's character. I AM NOT A MOM YET. But I've taken care of 2 nieces and am taking care of a nephew and I know that it's not an easy task. I work from home while taking care of my nephew and trying to squeeze in blogging bit by bit. However, watching the film made me all the more appreciate the mommy bloggers I've met during the whole year that I've been actively blogging. I salute all of you! Nobody else can do what you all are capable of doing and to think that you do what you do because you love doing them. God bless all mothers!☺

5 thoughts:

looks like an interesting movie to watch for new moms like me... thanks for sharing it sis! i will surely check this one out.

 

Oh, I haven't seen this. Thanks for sharing this movie. I think I can probably relate to this. :D

 

I remember when I was a child my mother's schedule was really hectic, I admire those women that can do everything, by the way I leave you an award on my blog, visit me and you will see

"http://lesanchez.blogspot.com"

 

I got a son a husband to take care and they took most of my time, I think I need to see this one, thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels