19 March 2010

My work entails spending very long hours seated in front of the computer. I normally start my day checking my inbox for e-mail correspondence from my employer. I also get tons of work requirements from clients who want this and that article to be written, proofread or edited by me, often all in the span of 1 day. I must admit that the prolonged exposure to the computer often makes my eyes hurt. What’s worse is that aside from my hurting eyes, I also find the temples of my head throbbing in pain each and every time.

I consulted my doctor, crossing my fingers that she won’t give the worst diagnosis. Well thankfully, it wasn’t. According to her, the glare from the computer screen is causing me migraines and add to that, my vision has been affected by the long hours I spend working on the computer. So I had to visit an optometrist and I found out I needed eyeglasses. Actually, I already have them but I stopped wearing them a long time ago because I kept on misplacing them.

It’s sad that I don’t have 20/20 vision anymore. But I guess that’s part of life. I know better now so I’m really going to have to take care of my eyes from now on. I’m going to be looking for affordable and high quality eyeglasses now so I know which style to get for myself although I already have my eyes set on this one:


4 thoughts:

hi bambie..you seem to be working at home..can you give me an idea on what tyoe of work you have? I would really love to stay at home and work at home. I am missing my family a lot so working at home is the best option for me now. By the way try visiting e.o optical. The prices of their glasses are very reasonable.

 

hi bambie..thanks for replying. i have been a member of odesk for a year already but have no luck in landing in a job.are you working at home fulltime?

 

i so wanted to have eyeglasses when i was in grade school, had my eyes checked every year. until now my vision is still 20/20

hope you can visit and leave your mark on my blogs :)
only in the philippines
RJ's summer break activities

 

got something for you at http://www.chrischronicles.com/awards-galore/

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels