18 March 2010

When I was younger, my dad would take the whole family on vacations. We’d travel to different tourist destinations within the country every time there was a break from school and during the Christmas break. Then on summer vacations, we’d travel to other countries like Hong Kong and the U.S. On each trip, we’d take the plane. Even if we were just traveling within the country, my dad always booked domestic flights because he wanted us to experience plane travel. My siblings and I did enjoy each and every flight. We always looked forward to those trips because they didn’t only allow the family to bond but they gave us the chance to explore new places and meet new friends.

Now that I’m older though, taking time off from work to go on vacations is a luxury I can only wish for. With the demands of this busy life, I can’t even remember when I last took a really long and relaxing vacation. But I’m making a promise to myself. Before this year ends, I want to travel some place but this time, I won’t book any flight. Instead, I would prefer to ride a cruise ship. Yes, I want to experience something different and I feel that being on board a cruise ship would do the trick. I can only imagine the breath-taking sites I’d see once I’m on board a luxury liner. Just the thought is making me so excited!

2 thoughts:

You're one lucky girl bambie. I haven't tried travelling abroad yet. I don't even have a passport. I would love to travel to different places but money is tight for me so I guess I have to postpone my travel destination dreams for now.

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels