12 March 2010

I was giving my 3-year old nephew a bath this morning when he told me he’s going to ask his mom and dad for a pet. I asked him what pet he had in mind and he said, “I want crab”, to which I replied, “But crabs will clip your fingers!” Of course, I didn’t win the end of the conversation. He was determined to ask his parents for a pet crab so I had no choice but to show him the different types of crab he can choose from. Guess what he chose? A hermit crab!

Of course, I can’t crush my nephew’s dreams so I had to go along with his choice of pet. I know that we need to learn a lot about hermit crabs first before we get his parents to say yes. After all, since I’m the one who mostly takes care of my nephew, I would be sharing responsibility for the pet, er, hermit crab. I think one of the most important things to consider when setting up a terrarium is the humidity. The proper level for Hermit Crab Humidity, I reckon, is about 70 or higher. Well, we enjoy tropical weather where I live so I guess Mr. Hermit Crab will surely love the tropical feel in his would be home. Of course, there are still plenty of thing I would need to learn when it comes to maintaining temperature levels if I want to work on proper Hermit Crab Humidity. So I guess that’s my assignment for the weekend. Oh, the joys of being an aunt!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels