05 May 2010

I was browsing Facebook yesterday and I thought of taking a peek at my eldest niece Ysha's page. She posted several pictures of herself and I was speechless when I saw the pictures. Not because my niece is drop-dead gorgeous. No, it wasn't anything like that, although she is a pretty young woman. I just marveled at how big Ysha is now. She's no longer the young girl I used to play with and even shared my bed with.

Geez, even her sister, my youngest niece Aprille, is all grown-up. I can no longer picture her as the chubby little girl who couldn't pick herself up when she trips over because she was too heavy to carry her own self! Aprille is now one prim and proper lady.

This was taken when Aprille was just a few weeks old. Aprille is the baby, Ysha is the young girl.

I just suddenly waxed sentimental when I saw the sisters' pictures. I got to thinking, "Where did the time go?" When they left the Philippines in 2004, Ysha was only turning 16 and Aprille has just turned 8. Now, Ysha is almost 22 and Aprille has just turned 14. I can't believe I'm aunt to 2 grown ladies already. I'm thinking they're way taller than me now. Pardon me for this post. I just suddenly missed my two baby girls.

Here they are now. Aprille, now 14, is the one with eyeglasses and her Ate Ysha is the one on the right.

Aprille in peach, Ysha on the swing.

The little girls are no longer babies.

2 thoughts:

oh, they are all grown up na. ang bilis talaga ng panahon, kaya dapat while the babies are young enjoy every minute with them

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels