29 May 2010

It rained some this afternoon and quite frankly, it was a welcome relief because El Nino has hit my country so hard. In fact, just the other day, the temperature was at its all-time highest. You can just imagine how cool this evening is and after a long time, I’m going to sleep without getting drenched in my own sweat. However, news reports said that the rains were only brought about by the tail-end of a cold front and they weren’t the much anticipated sign that El Nino has left the country. In fact, the rainy season won’t kick in until the last part of June.

Incidentally, June is when school starts here. So I’m assuming that the students will suffer the most come rainy season because it’s around the same time that they’re just getting settled at school. At this point, I already feel bad for them because I know how hard it is to go to school when it’s raining for a number of reasons. First off, it’s always nice to sleep in when it’s raining. Second, rain creates puddles of water on the streets and that means muddy shoes and muddy clothes. I should know because I’ve been through it all.

With the uncertainty of the weather, it’s hard to tell how long the rainy season would last once it makes its presence felt. I wonder how the boy scouts will deal with it once they go camping in the midst of the rainy season. If I could only talk to them, I would advise all of them to use waterproof and water resistant camping tents. But of course, they are boy scouts so I’m sure they would be ready for whatever obstacles they would face.

I must say, though, that after a literally scorching hot summer, I welcome the rains with arms wide open.

2 thoughts:

the rain helped cool down the very hot temperature of our surrounding...happy weekend! :-)

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels