18 May 2010

Vacation was a luxury to me back when I was working as a call center agent. The odd working hours, coupled with work related stress made it impossible for me to enjoy even the mandatory off days. Whenever I was granted the much desired leave, whether it’s vacation or sick leave, I would rather spend the days at home, either sleeping or just hanging out with my brother and SIL. I don’t know if it was just me. Maybe I just wasn’t prepared enough that’s why I couldn’t quite fully adjust my body clock. I’m not sure if other people who work at call centers feel the same. But when my nephew was born, I took that as an opportunity to get out of the company I was working for.

After I left the company, I started working from home as a full-time freelance writer. Oddly enough, I’m still unable to take a much deserved reprieve from work. Of course, since I hold my work hours in my hands, I can take a break every now and then. I can even take the day off if I want too, when I choose to. But what I am aiming for is a long vacation. Preferably a month-long vacation where I can hie off to a faraway place and just enjoy!

Naturally, I won’t go alone. My brother, SIL and nephew must accompany me. I can’t picture myself going on a vacation without them! Since my nephew is a certified Disney fan – he loves everything Disney especially Mickey Mouse – visiting Disney World is a must. So, as early as now, even if I still don’t have a clue as to when we all can go for an out-of-the-country trip, I will start looking into affordable or reasonable Disney World Packages. I’d rather go for packages because at least that way, all areas will be covered.

It may seem like a far-fetched idea considering that, except for the little boy, all three of us are very busy. But I’m sure once I tell them that a visit to Disney World is the focal point of the trip, they would gladly say yes.

1 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels