17 May 2010

I have finally decided to purchase a domain name from GoDaddy. Look up at the address bar and you'll see that from theroaditravelon.blogspot.com, it's now www.bambiesturf.com.

Frankly speaking, I'm still groping in the dark as a result of this change in domain name. I have a lot of questions, but I'm too shy to ask. LOL! Bad Bambie! * Note to self: You want the easy way out again! *

Some of the questions I have in mind are the following: 

1) Do I need to change the information I granted to the sites I've signed up with? Particularly the sites I write for? - I think I don't have to since it gets redirected anyway. Am I right?
2) Will the change affect this blog's PR? (It's currently ranked 2)  - I hope not!
3) When I type the old address (theroaditravelon.blogspot.com) on my browsers (IE and Firefox), I get redirected to the new address (www.bambiesturf.com). That being the case, do I still need to make other changes?

Oh well...more stuff to think about to worsen this migraine! LOL!☺



12 thoughts:

Congrats! Page rank does not transfer, but it should get it back fairly quickly. The re-direct should take care of it, but try to change the ones you remember that way the page rank juice will travel with it (it isn't transferred through a re-direct).

 

Is your blog hosting with GoDaddy or with Blogger? I'm not sure if your old blogspot address will always redirect to this domain or it will stop after awhile. That's something you may have to check.

Oh, congratulations on your domain :)

As for PR, you will most probably lost it, but you should be able to regain it in no time. Don't forget to ask your friends who have you on their link love sections to update their links for it to work. I think the logic behind it is that there is no longer any content in the old URL, so you have to build your reputation from your new one.

As for the contract with companies you write for, i believe you will have to add your new domain, or at least let them know of the change.

Congrats again! :)

 

Hi Bams, you have to informed them esp paying sites kasi they won't recognized your new link if you don't update it. With the ranking, most of them loses their but am sure with you (hope not)..

 

The PR rank will definitely be affected with the change of domain name. That happened to me when I applied for other paid to blog sites. They told me to join again after 2 (sometimes 3) months for a re-evaluation even if I started my blog a couple of years back.

 

Hi sis..ask lang ko how many days na redirect your url from blogspot to dot com.? I bought domain from godaddy too pero di muna ako nag change url kasi may mga opps ang blog ko so wait muna ako hanggang mabayaran lahat...ang PR mo definitely, mawawala yan pero babalik din if i-resubmit mo site uner new domain name...Send ticket also sa lahat ng paid sites para ma update ang blog mo sa kanila.

 

Congratulations to your new domain,sistah Bams!

btw,just letting you know na receive na ni Kayce yung make-up goodies from me as prize sa contest mo.

 

sis, I change your links - bc blogger links sa sites ko. pati dun sa mga posts ko regarding sa contest ni yuuki. pinalitan ko na. try ko rin palitan un mga old links sa contest mo.

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels