16 September 2010

Last night was a movie night and since we've exhausted all the horror and action/adventure films we have on stock, we decided to watch Letters to Juliet.


The movie stars Amanda Seyfried and since I've been a fan ever since I watched her in Mamma Mia, I just had to watch this movie of hers.

The movie is about a young American named Sophie who travels to the city of Verona. As we all know, Verona is the home of star-crossed lover Juliet Capulet and Romeo Montague. There's this one house there in Verona (yes, one with a balcony), supposedly "Juliet's house", where people troop to everyday and there they leave letters addressed to Juliet; letters seeking Juliet's advice about love. Intrigued with the concept, Sophie follows the woman who came to pick up all the letters and Sophie learned that there is a group of volunteers called "Secretaries of Juliet" who respond to the letters. On Sophie's second day "at work", she discovers a later dated 1951 in one of the crags in Juliet's house. She answered the letter and unbeknown to her, she inspired the author of the letter to travel from London all the way to Italy in search of her long-lost love. The unexpected meeting between Sophie and the letter's author Claire, played by veteran actress Vanessa Redgrave, set off a chain of events that brought love into both of their lives in ways they never could have imagined.

It was a wonderful film and towards the end of the film, I found myself with tears in my eyes. Yes, I had to sleep with puffy eyes!☺ But it was all worth it. Oh, and I loved the soundtrack of the film, too. The soundtrack included Taylor Swift's Love Story.♥ If you haven't seen the movie yet and you're looking for a feel-good love story, I highly recommend this one.☺ 


1 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels