17 September 2010

After watching Letters to Juliet the other night, we decided to watch another Amanda Seyfried movie again last night. Although I've watched Amanda in Mean Girls, I wasn't a fan. That is until I watched her in Mamma Mia and realized that she doesn't only know how to act but she's a great singer too. Anyway, the movie last night was was a double treat for me because her partner in the movie was Channing Tatum!

  
I've been following Channing Matthew Tatum's career ever since I watched him in Coach Carter.☺ Anyway, I'm sure some of you already know what this film is about. It's based on a book written by no less than Nicholas Spark so you can only imagine that the film is as good as The Notebook. I've noticed, though, that the movie ended differently from the book version. At any rate, I can say that I loved the movie's ending better.☺
Special Forces Army Sergeant John Tyree (Channing Tatum) is home on a two-week leave from Germany. He meets Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried) after he dives into the ocean to retrieve Savannah's purse that had fallen off the pier. John is smitten by Savannah and falls in love at first sight. Savannah is a college student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is on spring break and is helping build a house for Habitat for Humanity. John joins in with Savannah to help build the house. Along the way a budding romance occurs, and Savannah falls deeply in love with John. As she is about to go back to college, she promises to write John overseas during the next 12-months until he returns to her after completing his enlistment. Their love is put to the test when John reenlists after the 9/11 attack.
I think this movie epitomizes how powerful TRUE LOVE can be - not even distance nor betrayal can change how one feels towards another. This movie certainly answers the question, "What does it mean to truly love another?"☺♥

1 thoughts:

I have the book but haven't read it yet, neither have I seen the movie. But I hear it can be a real tearjerker, but that has been what we come to expect from Sparks diba?

Have you seen Chloe? It stars Amanda too. kakaiba naman :)

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels