18 April 2010

Photobucket


Not too long ago, Paula cooked up the idea of starting a network for BC Bloggers like herself (she's a full time WAHM). It's where almost all bloggers who have more than one thing on their hands join forces and exchange links with each other. Pretty neat, huh?

Well guess what? Paula came up with another brilliantly wonderful idea and that's to hold a BC Bloggers' Party! It affords all of us BC Bloggers the time to get to know each other a little better which is great.

So what can I say about myself?
Well, I'm Sunshine. At least, that's my given name. But as soon as I breathed my first, my parents started calling me Bambie (which, according to my Dad was short for Bambina). Whatever. I turned 33 last month. That makes me a March baby and that goes without saying that I'm very sensitive, moody and emotional. I think those are three traits every March baby has. What am I? I actually summarized what I'm all about in one page here on my blog. You can read it HERE.

We're supposed to brag about ourselves though I assume it's not a mandatory rule. LOL! That's because I don't have anything to brag about. Well, I've always been a consistent #1 student and graduated at the top of my class but that was a long time ago so I don't think it's worth bragging about. Hahaha! But if there's one thing I'm proud of, it's the fact that my parents have managed to stay happily in love with each other for 40 years and counting. I think that in this day and age, marriages that last that long are few and far between.

I'm a graduate of Journalism and although I love writing, I wasn't able to make money from it until recently. I used to work for an advertising agency and I was having a blast there but I up and decided that I needed to embrace change. I left my job and tried my hand on being a call center agent. It worked for me for a time. However, when my SIL gave birth to my one and only (for the time being) nephew Keoni 3 years ago, I decided to quit my job and start working from home and be a full time aunt. Since then, I've been happily working from home.☺ The decision to work from home also renewed my love for blogging. Whereas before, I only used blogging as an outlet and as a platform to share my writing to the world, blogging has now become my therapy. I've been so in tune and attuned to my blogging that time flew by so fast and this primary blog of mine is now a year old! Since I quit my job 3 years ago, I've been working as a Freelance Writer and since writing is my first love, I'm enjoying myself BIG TIME.

Some of you may be wondering why it seems as though I forgot to mention about my own child or a husband. That's because I'm still happily single. Yep, I'm 33 and I am still single, not even in a relationship. I know some of (especially those who frequent this blog and my "Princess" blog) would be surprised to read that one bit. Well, that's true. From writing about my love story, to sharing about the person I thought was my one true love, I am now back to being single and unattached. Don't worry, though, BC Bloggers. I may be suffering from heartbreak but I'm strong. I'm well on my way to letting go and moving on. I guess that having my own share of heartaches, tears, joys and sorrows have made me master the art of letting go.

That's the reason why I'm partying with you guys right now!☺ That's all I can share with you. Actually, I shared more than I intended to. Hah! That's me...once I start writing, you have to literally drag me away just so I can stop blabbering.☺  


19 thoughts:

Hi sis... Thanks for sharing some personal infos about yourself. Im surprised also kasi parang kelan lang na nabasa ko yung about sa one true love mo =( Pero ok lang yan, you'll never know what will gonna happen next, darating din yan the least you expect it.

Tapos ka pala journalism, kaya pala magaling ka rin magsulat =) i envy you hehe.. same talaga tayo nickname, kaso nagpa-nickname sa kin yung tita ko, bambita naman ako hihi...

Have a nice week ahead =)

 

Hello, there, Bambie! It's nice to get to know you up close and personal. I'm not surprised you're still single. People nowadays marry late, and that's because there's a lot of things to keep them preoccupied. In your case, it's being a full-time aunt and blogging. Thanks for partying with the rest of the BC Bloggers.

 

Hello! 33 ka rin pala :D

Dropping by for the BC Bloggers Party!

 

Hi Bambie, although I know you na.. glad to have known you more ... joining the party too!

Joining the party

 

Hi sunshine!

wow! I'm happy to know you via BC Blogger! :) I'm also mylotting from time to time. I saw ur mylot badge in here so that makes us sisters...LOL.. (feeling) Ohhh.. I love ur post! and guess what Iam single too and crazy about my nieces .. hehe!

see yah around shine! tc!

 

oh!!! yes Sis Bambie, be strong... remember!!!
Kung ma nawala may darating na mas higit pa for you... And move forward, kasi until stocked up ka parin sa past, pinapatagal mo lang na ma meet yung future mo...
kaya goo lang ng goo am sure you've learned a lot from it right???

Visiting you here from BC Blogger's party
Nice meeting you

 

Hi bambie, my tukayo.. nickname ko din bambie, short for bambita naman hihi... Parag kelan lang nabasa ko about sa love mo =( anywayz, darating din yan teh least you expect it. For now, let's enjoy life with our loveones, friends, and our passions.. Nice to meet you, sana makapag-eb tayo minsan..

 

Hi, Sunshine. Happy to meet one smart BC blogger. Just continue to enjoy singlehood. You'll miss it when you do get married. Have a good day!

 

hi! partying with you from BC Bloggers. :)

Nice to know that were born on the same year! I'm really glad to know that! LOL!

(In God's time, the right man will come...) *hugs*

 

Wow sis! saludo ako sayo.. You're indeed a good freelance writer... It's nice to know more about you...

Hope you will also get to know me more too.

http://kayeshayne.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-miss-bc-bloggers-party-thats-why-i.html

Thanks and take care!

 

Lovely visit from: Liezl – the frustrated chemist but now a passionate blogger and an aspiring psychologist. Proud Batangeña living all alone in Manila, deeply in-love, spontaneous and witty. A good conversationalist, fearless enough to tackle love, sex and politics.
http://www.lizmagikera.info/2010/04/liz-joins-bc-bloggers-party-gotta-rock.html

 

hi sunshine..:) let's party..following you from BC blogger's party..enjoy..:D

 

aww!!! hi there another Bambie girl of BC Bloggers... Though I would say that this is way too long for me since I'm not a fan of reading really, haha!!! But I enjoyed every bit of it. You're indeed a good writer dragging your readers up to the last word because it's no boring at all. I hope I can do that too... Ako kase sinusulat ko palang na boboard na ako sa ginagawa ko.. haha!!! pag humaba pa, wala na sa topic ang sinasabi ko... grr!!! nice meeting you sis... move on gracefully... enjoy life... =)

 

Nice knowing you Sunshine! Being single is OK. Lesser problems compared to people like me.

Visiting here from BC Bloggers Party. It's me Mommy Rubz.

By the way, may I invite you to join my current blog giveaways? If interested, it can be found HERE and HERE. Thank you very much!

 

sensitive moody emotional parang ako rin to eh!! hihih

nice to know you more bambie!! ^_^ sa GT lng kta nakikilala eh thanks to this party hihih

Artsy Niko
Niko's Home

hope okidoks kn girl!!

 

nice to know you, bambie.
you're living at las piñas? wow, neighbors pala tayo... i live at muntinlupa kasi.

anyway, its ok to be single... just enjoy your life!

visiting from bc bloggers party! nice to meet you

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels