22 December 2009

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary last Sunday, 20th December. Inasmuch as we wanted to celebrate it together, that just wasn't possible because we live miles oceans apart from each other. It's sad because we're used to celebrating their anniversary as a family. But for the past 4 years, we've made ourselves content with IM greetings, ecards and phone calls. I can't wait until we can celebrate their anniversary together again.

Since they live in Palmdale, CA., they weren't even able to celebrate it with my sister and her family who live in San Diego. That's just about 2 hours drive from point to point, though. But even if that was the case, we encouraged our parents to still celebrate it and they did. They went to dinner with a few close friends and my cousin who lives in Palmdale too.

They've had 40 years of wedded bliss between them and counting.☺ I'm so proud of my parents because even if there have been a lot of ups and downs, tears and laughter in our family, they've managed to stick together and honor their wedding vows.


My one and only parents.☺


Their 40th wedding anniversary dinner. Japanese! Like parents, like child.☺
 
Mommy in her kitchen.


Off for some shopping.☺

To daddy and mommy, happy 40th wedding anniversary. You're unica bunso loves and misses both of you so much! 


3 thoughts:

happy wedding anniversarry to your parents bambie! they have a truly blessed union! and i wish them more happiness and love!

 

Woohoo! Happy 4oth wedding anniv! My parents will celebrate their 26th this coming March. :)

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels