31 December 2009

On my side of the planet, we'll be ushering in 2010 in roughly 5 1/2 hours as I'm writing this post. I can't believe how time flies.

2009 has been a topsy-turvy year for me. So much has happened, one after the other, that it makes me revel at the fact that I survived this past year unscathed. I guess I really am strong. LOL!

Looking back, I realized I overcame major setbacks involving my personal life. I guess with personal, it's safe to assume that it's all encompassing: family life, social life, love (?) life. I am just so thankful that I was able to get past them.

There were some happy moments but I think the sad ones outweigh them. Bad, huh? Well, that's life, I guess. You can't always have your cake and eat it, too. A and myself almost called it quits during the 1st quarter of the year but we were able to save it. Then he decided to stay here for good, which is great news for me. Happy times. But then, I lost an uncle this year - he slipped into a coma a week or two after a family gathering where he was present and after a few weeks of being comatose, he succumbed to Parkinson's disease in July. A few months after that, A's 5-year old nephew was pushed down a flight of stairs by a school bully from which he suffered contussions and when he had to undergo an operation on his head to stop the internal bleeding, his fragile and young heart gave in and we lost him to cardiac arrest. Then, A got the A(h1n1) and got into a vehicular accident after that. Whoa! Too much in one year.

I'm just glad everything's all behind us now and I'm looking forward with hope to 2010. To all of you, a prosperous, happy and love-filled 2010.☺☺☺

2 thoughts:

hi sis! a lot of things happened to you in 2009 and i agree some of those events were heart wrenching specially about the deaths of your loved ones.
i pray that 2010 will be a blessed, prosperous and a happy year for you and your loved ones and all of you loved ones will be healthy too throughout the year.

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels