15 December 2009

Disclaimer: What ever follows after this opening, let me just say that I still love being a woman.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've got a nasty headache. Actually, my head has been throbbing like hell on and off for the past four days, if I remember correctly, and earlier today, it had grown into a full-blown migraine. Now you might be wondering, why is she still blogging if she's got migraine? Well, thanks to my trusted bottle of Excedrin migraine, the big, bad migraine headache is gone. Yup, that's how fast it works for me. Besides, the migraine, well at least this particular one, is a monthly occurrence. It's part of my PMS-ing and I took the pill a few hours ago and in less than an hour and a half, I'm back on my feet again. That goes without saying that I don't like it one bit even if it happens every month and I should have adapted to it already. This is one time when I dislike being a woman. The cramps, the cravings, the mood swings and the accompanying migraine - imagine all those happening every single month and you're rendered helpless (save for my Excedrin pills) because they are part and parcel of your being a woman. Argh! The agony.

Anyway, thanks to Mr. Migraine, I couldn't come up with anything decent to blog about. Well, other than the migraine itself. I realized that if I think long and hard in the hopes of getting my creative juices to flow, the migraine might just come back (ssshh...I hope it doesn't!) so I stopped thinking. I, instead, opted to start clicking Adgitize ads, drop Entrecard cards (that sounded so redundant!) while I blog hopped, and play Farmville and Plants vs. Zombies.

Plants vs. Zombies (maybe some of you have played it already) is a game created by PopCap Games and is a strategy game. You need to defend your house from an onslaught of zombies and you actually use a bevy of plants to kill the friggin' zombies one by one. The plants range from pea-shooting ones to doom-shrooms (mushrooms which can kill a lot of zombies in its range). The stages include defending your front lawn, your pool/backyard, your roof, each under different times/situations: day, night, fog. Of course, the game gets harder as you progress.

I find it to be very addicting and even though I've finished all levels in the Adventure mode, I still have to test my mettle in the Mini-games, Puzzle Mode and Survival Mode. Below are some snapshots of the game:


These are the plant varieties you can use in each level. Except for the mushrooms (which can only be used during the night), all other plants can be used any time. I've yet to buy two more kinds to complete the gallery.


These are the zombies you need to defend your house against. I have encountered all except one and I think I'd get to meet him once I play the Survival Night mode. Notice any resemblance of zombie # 9 to anyone? LOL! He even dances the famous "Thriller" dance!


This is basically how the game looks. This one's under the mini-games, I think, called the Last Stand.


There. That's one of the things that keep me busy, aside from writing and blogging. Come to think of it, even if the game can be frustrating sometimes, it sort of relieves me of everyday stress. =) Oh well. I wanted to post a picture of my farm but I've yet to plow my fields (I just harvested). I guess I'd do that another time, when my creative pipes get clogged again.

3 thoughts:

Hi sweetie! Sorry to hear abt ur migraine.. that game sure looks interesting! I am hooked on a PSP game right now, have fun and do take care of that migraine yeah? Hugs! :)

 

hi sis! mabuti naman at wala ka ng migraine. and your right, trying to come up with an idea on what to blog about, may trigger it again so rest ka na muna. haven't played this game yet but reading your post about it made me want to play it because a friend of my dad when he visited our house asked if he could plug his flashdrive on our pc to play plant vs. zombies. dad's friend is in his late fifties and he said he really liked this game. Malaro nga, just to see how fun this game is.

 

oh my! I love playing Plants vs Zombies also. hahaha. addict nga rin ako dito.

by the way I got new url: http://www.redismarose.com

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels