19 December 2009

Oh, this is so annoying! I was working on an article I was writing for an oDesk buyer when my other cell phone rang. When I looked at the unregistered number, I realized it was the same number that called me earlier while I was having lunch. Thinking that it was my sister-in-law (I thought she was using her mom's number to call me. That one's not saved in my phonebook) calling to check on my nephew Keoni, I answered the call, to my consternation. LOL! Well, I really wanted to get the article done because it's an important one.

It was so noisy where the caller was calling from so I went ahead with my assumption that it was her. I go, "Hello?" and the caller goes, "Who are you?" Uh-oh. That definitely is not my sister-in-law. It was a boy, probably a teenager, who was at the other end. I go, "WHO ARE YOU? You're the one who's calling me and you're asking who I am?" and he goes, "I'm Mike. What's your name?" Uh-oh again. I do know someone by the name of Mike but I know that Mike's number and I'm sure as hell he won't call me because he happens to be my ex-boyfriend who's already married with 3 kids. Besides, the caller didn't sound like that particular Mike I knew. Red flag.

This is another case of random callers, people with nothing better to do and they go about dialling or punvhing in numbers with the hopes of reaching a potential phone pal. Well, sorry Mike-whoever-the-hell-you-are. I'm not interested in looking for a phone pal. I have enough friends I can talk to. If I know, you're just one of those kids with raging hormones hoping to score something. Too bad you reached me instead for I wouldn't give you the time of day you need. I've got better things to do. Oh, by the way, don't forget to wipe off the milk mustache!

***As I'm writing this post, he's called my number 8 times. Oh well, I hope his fingers swell. Good thing that number is just a back-up number and not the main number I use. Anyway, happy weekend friends!

3 thoughts:

Grrrrr! I hate when that happens, they call us and yet they ask who is that on the other line?? Grrrrr!!!

 

argh! i feel for you, dear. o get that a lot, too. i don't even post my contact info anywhere. do you think it's that random or could it be from old resumes that could've ended up God-knows-where? nice blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels