19 October 2009

I know that majority of bloggers are moms who work from home because they have little children to take care of. Now this afternoon, as I was going through my inbox, an e-mail with the subject 'DEADLY MEDICATION" caught my attention so I opened that one first. It was a forwarded e-mail from a guy friend and the moment I read it, I knew I just had to share it to others.

I guess some of you have received a similar item in your respective in-boxes but let me share it nonetheless. According to the e-mail, Asia has now become a dumping ground for banned drugs and that most of these banned drugs are being reproduced and manufactured in Asian countries. I guess that's why it's very important to always consult a doctor when something goes wrong and to buy prescription medicine. It also pays to buy from reputable pharmacies and drug stores only. Anyway, below is a list of medicines that have been banned as well as the reason why they were banned by other countries. I'm actually posting it here verbatim.


1. PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE :
cold and cough.. Reason for ban : stroke.
Brand name : Vicks Action-500

2. ANALGIN:
This is a pain-killer. Reason for ban: Bone marrow depression.
Brand name: ! Novalgin

3. CISAPRIDE:
Acidity, constipation. Reason for ban : irregular heartbeat
Brand name : Ciza, Syspride

4. DROPERIDOL:
Anti-depressant. Reason for ban : Irregular heartbeat.
Brand name : Droperol

5. FURAZOLIDONE:
Antidiarrheal. . Reason for ban : Cancer.
Brand name : Furoxone, Lomofen

6. NIMESULIDE:
Painkiller, fever. Reason for ban : Liver failure..
Brand name : Nise, Nimulid

7. NITROFURAZONE:
Antibacterial cream. Reason for ban : Cancer.
Brand name : Furacin

8.PHENOLPHTHALEIN:
Laxative... Reason for ban : Cancer.
Brand name : Agarol

9. OXYPHENBUTAZONE:
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Reason for ban :Bone marrow depression.
Brand name : Sioril

10. PIPERAZINE:
Anti-worms. Reason for ban : Nerve damage.
Brand name : Piperazine

11. QUINIODOCHLOR:
Anti-diarrhoeal. Reason for ban : Damage to sight.
Brand name: Enteroquinol


Photobucket

3 thoughts:

Thanks for the heads up. Its crazy how we take something thinking its doing us some good, only to find out about the damage it causes later on.

 

It's hard thinking that the things we thought would cure us would actually make us sick. :) that's why my mom would always want natural medicines.

 

thank you for sharing this info. bf is back at the emergency room this morning, the doctor said that he is sick with a viral infection. i hope your boyfriend get well soon too. ang hirap when they are sick noh, nakakastress. take care.

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels