02 June 2010

From Thursday last week up to this past Monday, I was tasked to look after the family owned store. That’s because my brother and his family went on a mini vacation. That was the first time I manned the shop alone. At the same time, I was left home alone.

The experience was quite fun and exciting and scary at the same time. I wasn’t sure if I could pull the job considering that I don’t really consider myself as a “sales person”. I’m more the “behind-the-scenes” type of worker. Well anyway, apart from the hassle of setting up the displays and closing the store by 9PM, I found myself enjoying myself.

There were a few glitches, nothing major though and among those were clients who were asking for business cards so they can follow up on their orders. It turned out that we didn’t have any! So I had to explain to the clients that we ran out of business cards and if they would be kind enough to just give me their numbers and I will call them up as soon as their orders arrive, to which they gladly acquiesced.

Now I have a new project for our business and that’s to look for printing shops that design custom business cards. In our kind of business, it’s really important that we have a business card to give to our clients, especially those who have just gotten wind of our store. So for tomorrow, that’s the first item on my list of to-dos.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels