26 June 2010

I so love this song. One of my exes (LOL!) was a big R&B fan and he was the one who introduced me to this song. He actually referred to it as a one-hit wonder and although I object to the term, I believe he had a point.

Anyhoot, hit or not, I really love the song. It's actually part of the soundtrack of a 1999 film entitled The Wood referring to Inglewood, an LA suburb that's home mostly to Black middle class families. The story revolves around 3 guys who have been friends since junior high (Mike, Slim and Roland). It's Mike who narrates the story. Roland is about to get married but he got hit by wedding jitters and he decides to go MIA 3 hours before the ceremony. Slim and Mike tries to talk some sense into Roland and while they do so, the 3 friends goes back in time as they try to recall how their friendship started as well as other key moments of their friendship. 

It's something out of the ordinary since it's about male friendship and wedding-day jitters. It's always nice to take a peek at how male friendships work.☺ I don't really know where the song figures because as far as I know, the song is for broken-hearted people. LOL! Oh well, I love the song anyway.    





0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels