05 January 2011

I was all hyped to start 2011 right but something happened on the 3rd day of the New Year which made me slow down a bit. Early Monday morning, I was roused from my deep slumber by a terrible tummy ache. I tried to ignore it but the pain was terrible that I had no choice but to wake up at 530 in the morning. After spending what seemed like an eternity in the bathroom, I went back to bed. Not more than 10 minutes after, I woke up again and this time I felt the urge to throw up. So off to the bathroom I went again.

Thus began my day, half of which I spent inside the bathroom. I was so weak but I still managed to go online and work. I also did some sleuthing and found out what was happening to me were symptoms of gastric flu. (http://stomachflusymptoms.net/gastric-flu-symptoms)

The common symptoms of gastric flu are vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, general weakness in the body and bloody stools. Some times after vomiting patients tend to feel that they had released the entire contents of their stomach. The symptoms are visible for two days and the complete recovery takes at least 6-8 days of time duration.

Until now, I'm still having terrible stomach pains and am still suffering from loss of appetite. Quite frankly, except for the stomach pains, I find the loss of appetite part favorable to me. LOL! My mom said I seemed to have lost a few inches off my big tummy and I'm loving it. Hahaha!

So, yeah. I may be suffering from gastric flu but I'm still optimistic, not just with my weight loss plans for this year, but with every aspect of my life for the year 2011.☺ 


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels