26 January 2011

Whenever I'm working (writing, rewriting, spinning articles), I always have my Facebook account open because that's where I go when I need a diversion. Anyway, I subscribed to the feeds of a local TV network through Facebook so I regularly receive breaking news from the network's news program throughout the day.

One of the sad news I received this afternoon was the bus bombing that took place in the commercial district of Makati. The explosion took place around 2PM (1AM EST) and left 4 people dead and 14 others wounded. An IED or improvised explosive device was used. Police are still investigating but they are not ruling out terrorist attack.

This incident only underscores the warnings issued by some foreign embassies about three months ago when they said that there appears to be a heightened risk of terrorist attacks directed at the Philippines.

This is bad news. What's happening to the world?

2 thoughts:

This news also sent quivers through my spine. I said to myself that the perpetrators were really out to hurt people...as collateral to a war that does not involve them. What a sad and scary world indeed. :(

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels