27 January 2011

As most of you know, I work from and have been doing so for the past 4 years. Quite frankly, I enjoy working from home. I can’t say I don’t have deadlines because I do. I also answer to someone. Actually, I have two bosses! But the atmosphere at home is much different from that of an office and also, there’s less pressure here. Well at least that’s what I think. I still wake up at 8 in the morning each day because I have to “clock in” for one of my bosses at exactly 9am. But even so, I can work and take a break whenever I want to without anybody breathing down my neck!

However, if there is a disadvantage I see in working from home, it would have to be that I am not covered by my bosses as far as my benefits as an employee go. Before, all statutory deductions were automatically applied every pay day. All those employed in the company I worked for were also covered by temporary health insurance. But now, I would have to make my own contributions if I want my Social Security and Medicare benefits to continue. Not that it’s too much of a hassle for me to take care of. It’s just that it’s harder to keep track and be diligent in paying the contributions when you have to do everything yourself.

I know I need to look into those contributions because I might just need them in the future. I also need to find out if there’s a provider of short term health insurance that I can contact while I shop around for a company that offers affordable health insurance. I’m not getting any younger so I need to make sure I’m well taken care of in case something happens.

1 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels