09 January 2011

I am not a sporty person. My friends used to say I have poor (as in very poor) eye-hand-feet coordination and I believe so, too. But I do love watching telecasts of sports competitions, specifically basketball and tennis. I think my love for tennis was influenced by my parents who loved the sport. They seldom miss TV coverages of tennis matches especially back when Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf still ruled the courts.

The past few days, we were glued to our TV set watching the Hopman Cup. It was my first time to watch John Isner, a young USA player, in action and I must say I am now a fan.


That's him on the court and during the 2010 ESPY Awards. He is starting to make his presence felt in the world of tennis with his big serves and immense hits. I'm not sure what seed he is now, his website says 23rd in the world but I think he's seeded 19th now. He is also a member of the US Davis Cup Team and I think he's the only player to have played a record-breaking singles match in Wimbledon which lasted for 11 hours straight!

With the rate he's playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the next Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi.☺

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels