16 July 2010

Because of typhoon Basyang (international name Coscon), I wasn't able to update my blogs for 2 straight days. The electricity was cut off in our area late Tuesday evening and it was only last night when the electric company was able to restore it. I have no idea what time it was restored because for the past two days, I spent my days at our shop. The mall where the shop is located ran their generator so I was able to work. Yes, work was mostly what I did during those 2 days. There was internet connection but I couldn't risk going online lest I fail to finish the articles my clients were expecting from me.

I hope everybody's fine after the typhoon. I'm just thankful that it didn't do much damage in our place, except for the 2-day brownout and some fallen trees. I have to say, though, that it was the first time strong winds scared the wits out of me! I could hear the wind howling especially last Tuesday when the typhoon was at its most furious stage. I could hear stuff falling from the house behind my room, the sounds of breaking glasses (windows probably) and a lot more scary sounds.

I guess there would be more within the coming months since typhoon season has officially started here in the Philippines. Be safe everyone, especially my fellow Filipino bloggers. Always be alert and of sound mind when the inevitable comes.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels