29 July 2010

When my parents went to the USA in 2005, my brother and I moved to a smaller house, a townhouse more specifically. Since it was just the two of us who would be living there, we opted for a two-bedroom unit. He got the bigger of the two rooms because during that time, he already had plans of getting married. We still live in the same townhouse although we’re now 2 persons fuller (his wife and kid).

The house is just the right size for us, not too big and not too small. We have a garage but we don’t have a lawn out front, hence, we don’t have a garden. There is a space at the back, though, which can be converted into a pocket garden. However, it looks like we won’t be using that space for a pocket garden, but instead we will be extending the ground floor farther. That’s after my parents told us that they might be coming home in September.

Since there are only two bedrooms in the house, that space at the back might be converted into a bedroom for my parents. My brother and SIL are already looking for someone who can make the space “livable”. I, on the other hand, am already thinking of how to decorate my parents’ would-be bedroom. Since most of the furniture we have in our living room and kitchen are made of wood, I’m thinking of getting some rustic furniture to fill my parents’ room up. I’m sure they’ll love it. It’s actually the theme my SIL and I are trying to build on – a country theme. I’m already excited to hunt for rustic furniture because I know that that particular type of furniture can add a touch of warmth and give a tranquil feel to any room, exactly just what my parents need so they can relax to the max!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels