04 January 2010

Last 24th December, I, together with my brother and his family, left our little house in the city for a short vacation in the province. We left our house a little after 8 in the evening and we got to the province a quarter before 12. When we got there, my brother's in-laws were already busy preparing and in the midst of all the hustle and bustle, we forgot to take pictures of our dinner! LOL! Too bad because we were really treated to a gastronomic feast that night: roasted turkey, baked macaroni (it was the traditional baked mac but with an added twist: my sis-in-law's brother prepared cream sauce to pour over it; it was delicious!), barbecue, grilled hotdogs for the kids, chop suey, vermicelli soup, crispy pata and lots of desserts.

We lost track of time and before we knew it, it was already 4 in the morning and we were supposed to leave for Baguio at 6 that same morning. I couldn't sleep, I guess I was too excited so I was only able to get a total of 30 minutes of shut-eye. By 6 we were already preparing for the 3 or 4 hours of travel we would embark on. I didn't sleep a wink on the way to Baguio - I was just enjoying the sight although my eyes were too tired already. We headed straight to SM Baguio and we had our lunch there. The kids spent the entire afternoon playing, the older kids were enjoying computer games while the younger kids were at an indoor kids' playground. Me? Well, I did some shopping and settled in a comfy coffee shop for a steaming cup of Mochaccino. I realized after almost one whole day without total rest, I was too poofed to shop some more.

I'll be back tomorrow with some of the pictures.At least the few I got to take.

Labels