06 November 2009

The day didn't start out right for me. I should be saying, "'Nuff said." Nevertheless, I'm taking this moment to rant and to rave. After all, that's the general theme of this blog - a peek into my thoughts (or basically what goes on in this crazy mind of mine!).

I woke up at 9am, earlier than usual (yep, 9am is early for me because I usually don't fall asleep until around 2 or 3 in the morning) because I had to go to the bank to claim my monthly remittance from my parents and to get my brother's as well. When I got there, the manager told me that the authorization letter (complete with my brother's passport and company ID) won't do and that my brother needs to make a personal appearance. I understand their policies and all that crap. But the thing is, my brother and I always go to that bank, that branch, at least twice a month and all the staff and even the 2 managers know us, know what we do there every month. Something came up that's why my brother couldn't make it but they couldn't even bend their rules just a tiny bit. Oh heck...rules are rules. Fine! Hmpt!

The bank was packed, probably because it's the last banking day of the week, and by the time I finished my business there, the sun was way, way up and was so friggin' hot already. I had to commute (Huhuhu! Good thing there was an overpass so I didn't have to cross the busy street) back to the boutique (my brother's & sis-in-law's) to tell my brother the bad news. Thanks to Mr. Sun, the makings of a nasty headache was pushing it's way out. Ugh! Just what I need - a migraine attack! I stayed about an hour there, just enough for my brother to convince me to buy a new phone. Now I suddenly remembered why I hate hanging out with him - he's such a smooth-talker an his convincing powers are way up there. It's really in my to-do list, but not this soon. I was intending to buy around December or early January. Oh geez. Well, at least I have a new phone now.☺

By the time I got home, it was already a full blown migraine. But since I have to do some stuff online which cannot wait, I had to take something to relieve me of my migraine. Since migraine runs in our family (both sides, isn't that grand?) my mom never fails to include several boxes of Excedrin Migraine in the goody boxes they send twice a year. I took my usual dose, 2 caplets. The active ingredients of one Excedrin Migraine caplet are: 250 mg of Acetaminophen, 250 mg of Aspirin, and 65 mg Caffeine (yes, it has caffeine). Do the math. I have to hand it to trustee old Excedrin Migraine though, the migraine was gone in 30 minutes flat.



Migraine gone, I turned my desktop PC on  sorted my inbox. Lo and behold, there was a surprise for me! There was an e-mail from PayPal telling me Netverdix sent $2.00 to my account. Truth is, I already forgot about that! I can't even recall when I signed up for Netverdix. LOL! But it was there.

                             

Looks like my day hadn't been so bad after all.☺ To top it off, I decided to advertise my blog again with Adgitize and as I was writing this kinda lengthy post, I received an e-mail from Ken telling me I've been approved. Great! I'm hoping for great results for me and my blog this month. So I guess I can really say that what started off as a bad day, ended on a good note.☺

P.S.

As I was finishing off this post, I received a call from someone verifying if my shoe size was 5. "Yes," I said. He says, "Okay. I'm buying you lavender espadrilles and I just wanted to make sure." Lavender espadrilles. Another item in my wish list. Yes, today is definitely a good day!☺ Happy weekend everyone!

3 thoughts:

hi sis! even if your day started on a bad note, it turned out to be a good day after all. a new phone, no more migraine, money from netverdix, approval from adgitize and a new shoes - a lot of good stuffs indeed.
well, i hope you'll have a happy weekend.

 

busy ang yet great day... im sure di ka magsisi with adgitize. kaso nakaka-tamad lang mag click minsan lol.. my migraine ka pala, i have some friends who also have, recommend ko to sa kanila. Happy weekends dear

 

Hi Bambie, Just dropped by and wanted to say I like your site. Good personal blog, hope your next day goes better. I'm an American living in the Philippines near Iloilo. Love it here. Salamat!

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels