03 November 2009

It's about that time of the month so it's no wonder why I'm craving too much for food. What kind of food? Anything. Something sweet, salty, oily. In short, fattening. LOL! Oh, I love and hate this time of the month.☺ Anyway, it took me sometime before I finally settled on a topic to write about today. Simply because my creative juices are stuck somewhere up here.*points to my head* There must be some clogged pipes up there.

Well actually, there is something I want to write about briefly. It's about a woman I met 3 years ago (July 2006) to be exact. Her name is Marichu Agnes Escobio and I fondly call her "EAM" (pronounced 'Yam'), which is a play on her initials. Anyway, we met on the 1st day of our CORE training for HSBC where I used to work as a Process Executive (better known as AGENT). She was from another call center while it was my first time to work in one. We actually hit it off right from the get-go, probably because we shared some things in common, one of which is being born in March (although a year apart) and we were both Christians. We're also 'mataray' or snobbish (some would say b*tchy), although Eam would fight to the finish and say I'm more snobbish than she is. We were also reluctant agents because we were both stuck in a field with literally nothing to do with the courses we took in college. She took up Accounting and was just buying time before she took the board and I took up Journalism, so we were always wondering how the heck we got into customer service.

To cut the long story short, we became fast friends and even after I left the call center industry, we still continued hanging out, mostly after her shift (she gets off from work around 6am). She left HSBC just this year to review for the CPA board exams. She was late for the May exams so she enlisted herself for the October exams. Since it's already November, I decided to look up the list of passers. Truth be told, Eam made it! I am so proud of my friend. She didn't make it to the Top 10, but at least she passed.




There she is on the 1025th item.☺ I'm so happy for her, so much so that I decided to devote this whole post to her. Congratulations, Eam! To all the other passers and to those who may know someone who passed, please extend my congratulations and well-wishes to them.☺


1 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels