04 August 2010

I logged in to my favorite social networking site and I was busy browsing through the different pages when I chanced upon the profile page of one of my high school classmates. He’s now living in Madrid, Spain and is working as a graphic artist. Even when we were still in high school, he was the go-to guy when our class needed visual aids and stuff because he had good hands. Anyway, I was surprised to see some of his present works because they were great! I asked him if he has a lot of clients and he told me that most of his clients are friends. Outside of them, the rest of his clients are all referrals; either a friend of a friend or a relative of a friend. I told him to start giving out his artist business cards to people whether they are existing clients of him o not. I told him that his business card must at least showcase a glimpse of some of his works so that people would have a general idea about what he does and how good he is at it. I saw a photographer’s business card displayed online and although he didn’t say outright that he was a photographer, his business card which was laden with different types of cameras said it all and that was what I advised to my friend. Hopefully, he’ll take the hint and do the same.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels