13 October 2010

A few days ago, my brother sent me a text message telling me that he was going to do some paint job in the house today, Wednesday, and that I would have to man the shop. True to form, he was all geared up to take on the painting job since last night, even sleeping early so he can start early.

I woke up around 9 this morning to the smell of paint thinner and paint, I wasn't sure if it was lacquer or enamel. I came down to make my cup-of-Joe and saw my dear brother hunched near the staircase. Supposedly, he was trying to mix both together. Unfortunately, he wasn't handy enough and ended up spilling some of the paint thinner, much to my SIL's chagrin.☺

I wanted to stay and drink my coffee while mocking my brother on the side but the smell of paint was too overwhelming and I could feel my temples starting to throb so I went up to my room and just finished my coffee there. Afterwards I took a shower and left the house which was great because I didn't have to endure the smell of the paint.

A few hours after, my dear brother calls me up and tells me he's given up on the job. He said the smell made him dizzy and he was starting to see stars. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor him. I guess he's not such a handy man after all. LOL!  

4 thoughts:

Be careful with the smell of paint...too much of it can cause you to hyperventilate...

 

I guess your brother gets some points for effort right? I did a painting job once, for my old office. My colleague and I did it, with help from another guy who thankfully knew about paints. The paint we used for the balls didn't smell bad, but the one for wood does.

 

sometimes, it's better to pay than to risk your health doing some things or tasks. this is one example of that bams. hahaha! :)

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels