01 March 2011

Has that ever happened to you? It happens to me quite frequently. This afternoon was no exception except that it was a bit freaky. See I was left all alone at home since mom and dad had to buy some groceries and my brother took his son to an amusement center. I was supposed to work but something went awry with my Internet connection so I decided to just take a nap on the sofa.

I was so tired but when I lied down, I was restless and I couldn't bring myself to sleep. I would fall asleep for a few minutes and then wake up again. Then something happened. I don't know if I was already awake that time or if I was dreaming but I felt myself trying to get up from the couch but my limbs felt as though they were being pulled down by anchors. I couldn't get up no matter how hard I tried. I tried to speak but all that came out from my mouth were muffled and mumbled words! A part of me told me I wasn't dreaming but another part of me knew I was and I was trying to will myself to wake up, to no avail. Then, in the same dream, I saw myself talking to my SIL and mom and I was telling them about the bad dream I just had. Basically, I was dreaming in my dream! I even distinctly remember my mom telling me that it was actually a nightmare I was having.

After dinner, I told my mom and SIL what I dreamt about and they told me that indeed, that was a nightmare. It's a good thing I was able to wake up from it. I have read of others who never saw the light of day after having a terrible nightmare. Come to think of it though, I remember dreaming before and it was a little bit like this one. I found the dream really scary.

3 thoughts:

this happens to me always (before)...and this is the reason why my wife doesn't want me to sleep alone.


but guess what's the cure for this? try to relax your mind before sleeping. if you are really tired and it seems a force is pulling you to sleep, (1) try to take a hot shower to cool down. or (2) drink water and (3) pray and relax.

 

It happens to me actually many times. It feel awkward because you think you are already awake and you want to move but you cannot! Actually you're still dreaming. You are trying to move your bodies but there is something that nailed you down on the bed. The common place is where I see my room. I read it somewhere on the net that there is a reason why we experience that kind of dream. I just forgot the link.

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels