16 May 2011

A court stenographer’s job is nothing short of easy. Imagine having to sit through the entire court proceedings and recording every bit of information mentioned in the court in order to produce official transcripts of court hearings, depositions, as well as other legal proceedings. I was watching TV the other day and there was a special about court reporters and stenographers and one particular group that was interviewed consisted of court reporters from Richmond.

They shared that there were actually three ways for a court reporter to report court proceedings and these include digital recording which is part of Richmond Videography Services, machine shorthand and voice writing. Also, I learned that regardless of which method a court reporter uses in recording court hearings, they all actually have to be knowledgeable in the following: legal and medical language, business law, and much English.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a journalist but I wanted to be the one who writes the stories and not the one reporting. Had I known that a court reporter has a pretty interesting job, I would’ve taken that course. I probably would be one of Cook and Wiley Court Reporters by now and be known for the excellent service I’m able to provide.

2 thoughts:

This is great. My niece also wanted to be a journalist... hope, she can reach her goal.

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! =)

Labels